Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Gargoyle Sundial

Even the folks at the venerable Hallowed Haunting Grounds liked this Gargoyle Sundial enough to include it in their front yard. Painted with glow-in-the-dark paint, it became an eerie atmospheric piece in their haunt.

Glow-in-the-dark paint can be found at Michael's craft stores in small bottles for about $3.00, or in spray-paint form at a big-box hardware store like Lowe's for a bit more. Since the paint is intended for indoor use only, touching-up is recommended when used on outdoor pieces like this.

The gargoyle sundial is 11.5 inches wide and 8 inches high, comes in many finishes and sells for $59.00 plus shipping from Zhkis.com.  I would like to warn you, dear readers, of one thing: the coloring. I ordered one and selected the finish option of "As Shown". Upon receiving the sundial, I was disappointed to find that this apparently means fiberglass in "Gothic Stone" coloring, which is actually YELLOW instead of the grayish-beige cement color I was expecting. In color, it more closely resembles the  gargoyle lamp found here. If I had to do it again, I might try fiberstone in White Moss coloring to obtain the look I wanted.

I do love it when my Halloween props are versatile enough to stay in the garden all year long and blend in.

3 comments:

  1. To start projects on the Cricut Setup go with your Cricut machine, start with Cricut Design Space. Design Space is a universal app/ software for all the Cricut machine versions. You can easily create your desired projects for personal or professional purposes through this platform.


    Cricut Design Space |
    Cricut.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...